Many scientific careers, nowadays, not only in quantum computing, are built with CVs full of not-owned achievements, mostly based on others’ ideas or sponsored by big names. We have moved from historic lie “shut up and calculate” to “sign up paper after calculate”: proud of what?
It is not democratic Amazon arrival to Quantum Computing after Alibaba, Google, IBM, Huawei, Honeywell, Microsoft, Baidu, Intel & other megalomaniac companies. Not even start-ups & researchers, we are all seeking power & glory too. Come on! @QuantumFlagship @OpenSuperQ @AQTION_eu
Share your insights https://insights.techreview.com/globalpanel/ I just joined the MIT Technology Review Global Panel, a forum of thought leaders, innovators, and executives to discuss about current and future tech trends. Looking forward to giving advice and assessing emerging technologies!
Bilbao will host the Quantum Computing Hackathon between December 9 and 10. It will be a unique opportunity to work with the best scientists and experts in the quantum computing industry. Register asap! http://ow.ly/ron750xl6Vj
@InnolabBilbao @IBM_ES @QUTIS3 @upvehu @BCAMBilbao
Bilbao acogerá entre el 9 y 10 de diciembre el primer Quantum Computing Hackathon. Será una ocasión única para trabajar con los mejores científicos y expertos de la industria de la computación cuántica. ¿Te apuntas? http://ow.ly/ron750xl6Vj @InnolabBilbao @IBM_ES @QUTIS3 @upvehu
Prof. Xi Chen @Dirac1151 & I from @QUTIS3 @artist_qu gave talks at Guangzhou, Shenzhen & Zhuhai. We had meetings with theory & experiment colleagues: trapped ions, superconducting circuits & cold atoms @upvehu @Ikerbasque @dipc @nanoGUNE @OpenSuperQ @AQTION_eu @QuantumFlagship4
Prof. Xi Chen & I from @QUTIS3 @artist_qu were invited to visit & establish agreements with @Huawei Quantum Computing. Meeting happened in Huawei headquarters in Shenzhen where we had a guided exhibition of awesome 5G technologies @QuantumFlagship @OpenSuperQ @upvehu @Ikerbasque4
QuArtist Director Prof Solano @KikeSolanoPhys and Xi Chen @Dirac1151 visited the labs of Quantum Science and Technologies in Shen Zhen and Zhu Hai. It was amazing and fruitful.3
I gave an invited talk on quantum speed limits and shortcuts to adiabaticity on China-Singapore joint symposium on Research Frontiers in Physics, organized by Sun Yat-Sen University at Guangzhou. Last year it was organized by myself at Shanghai University. @QUTIS3 @artist_qu2
🌐 Bilbao Quantum Computing Hackathon
🗓 9 y 10 de diciembre📍 Bilbao
🧠 Organizado por INNOLAB Bilbao, @IBM_ES y @QUTIS3 Center de @upvehu.
🤝 Con la ayuda de @BilbaoEkintza, Universidad de @Deusto, @BCAMBilbao y @cafe_fortaleza.
📝Inscripciones 👉 https://www.ilb.eus/es/evento/bilbao-quantum-computing-hackathon/
Interesantísimo el trabajo de @LucasLamata sobre Biomimética Cuántica (mirando a un futuro relacionado con la optimización) y Quantum #MachineLearning (con un ojo en Quantum #ReinforcementLearning) 😀
- Dr. José Luis Rosales from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid visits QUTIS group and gives the talk “Is the spectrum of the quantum factoring simulator achievable from measuring magnetron frequencies of Bell states in Penning Traps?” October 26, 2017
- Dr. Kirill Fedorov and M Sc. Stefan Pogorzalek from Walther Meißner Institute (Garching), visit QUTIS group. October 22, 2017
- Francisco Gálvez and Elisa Martín from IBM Madrid, visit QUTIS group. October 10, 2017
- Prof. Lin Tian from University of California, La Merced, visits QUTIS group and gives the talk “Improving the adiabaticity of adiabatic quantum algorithms with unknown spectrum” October 3, 2017
- M.Sc. Francisco Albarrán and M.Sc. Gabriel Alvarado, from University of Santiago de Chile, visit QUTIS group. October 1, 2017